Accumulating credits or attending school for a certain period of time does not automatically entitle you to a diploma. To graduate you must satisfy all the University, college, and major requirements that were in effect at the time of your most recent admission, or readmission, as a degree candidate to the University.
It is your responsibility to notify the University of your intent to graduate. This should be done by completing an "Application for Graduation" by the published deadline, the spring semester prior to the semester of intended graduation.
Candidates for Graduation
Please check your name, major(s), concentration, and minor for accuracy. If you do not see your name, then the Office of the Registrar has not received your application for graduation for this term. If you need to make any changes to your major, concentration, and minor, please fill out the Change of Minor form and obtain the necessary signatures.
No changes can be made to a major, concentration, or minor the semester you intend to graduate without the approval of the Office of the Provost.
If your name does not appear on this list and you wish to be a candidate for August 2014 or December 2014 graduation, please contact your advisor immediately.
Note: After changing your major, please see your new advisor to adjust your graduation date.
August 2015 Graduation Candidates as of 08-10-2015
December 2015 Graduation Candidates as of 08-10-2015
Important Graduation Deadlines and Fees
|Deadlines and Fees||May 2015||August 2015||December 2015|
|Update Deadlines||February 14, 2015||July 17, 2015||October 16, 2015|
|CRT Registration||February 14, 2015||July 17, 2015||October 16, 2015|
|CRT Registration Cost||$150.00||$150.00||$150.00|
|Substitution/Waivers, Change of Grades||April 28, 2015||July 24, 2015||November 20, 2015|
|Transfer Credit||April 28, 2015||July 24, 2015||December 18, 2015|
Graduation Applications and Forms
- You must log in to HUNet.
- You must complete the application in its entirety for it to be processed.
- Undergraduates must have completed 70 or more earned hours. If you have not satisfied this, you will not be able to apply.
- You may NOT use initials for the diploma name.
- Your address must be current to process.
- If you do not select submit, your information will not be saved.
- Graduation Application Instructions
- Apply for Graduation
- CRT Form
- Graduation Update Form
- Graduation Application
Below are some tips that we think will aid students in their preparation for graduation:
- Be sure to check your name as it appears in the system. This is how it will be on your diploma. Remember, there is a $75.00 charge to have a name change on your diploma.
- Verify your permanent grade/billing address. This is where your diploma will be mailed.
- Remember that temporary grades ( I ) an incomplete takes time to be changed to permanent grades. Take care of these well before graduation.
- If you are taking a correspondence course to fulfill your last requirements: Let the instructor know, that you plan to graduate at the end of the semester.
- Make sure all work is completed 4 weeks prior to Commencement Day.
- Your graduation will depend on the early arrival of your grade at the Registrar's Office.
- Check your degree candidacy. It is correct?
- Your academic department will determine whether you have met all major requirements (Undergraduate students only).
- A student's name will not appear in the Commencement Program whose application for graduation does not reach the Office of the Registrar by the priority deadline.
If you wish to order a duplicate diploma, you need to make the request in writing. It needs to have your name as it was when you attended Hampton University, date graduated, degree and major, address to have diploma mailed to, phone number, and signature. The cost of a duplicate diploma is $75.00. Please mail the request along with a money order or cashier's check (personal checks will be returned) to: Hampton University, Office of the Registrar, Hampton, VA 23668. It will take approximately 6-8 weeks to receive.